Vantrue X2 Super HD Review
- Records super HD footage of up to 2560 x 1440P
- Auto on/off function
- Supports up to 64 GB microSD card
- Super night vision
- 170-degree high-resolution wide angle lense
- Uses Ambarella A12 CPU
- G-Sensor and lock video file
- Park mode motion detection
- Fitted with motion detectors that trigger auto-record in parking mode
- Has full six glass lens with a wide, F/1.8 aperture
- 2.7-inch, HD LCD
If you are looking for a sleek dash cam that is not only a high performer but also appealing to the eye then the X2 Super HD from Vantrue is exactly what you should purchase. At only 70 grams in weight, this unit is very light but records outstanding footage whether it is day or night. It features a simple yet classy design that makes it very easy to mount.
Never run out of battery
Once mounted, you can charge it using either the USB port that is located at the bottom of the camera or the one on the mount itself. As part of the package, the manufacturer tosses in a cigarette lighter charger that is equipped with a USB port. You can use it to charge the camera or any other device (like smartphone or tablet) that needs charging. The charger is a handy tool that will prove beneficial when you need an alternative source of power.
The Vantrue X2 Super HD is not just about looks. It excels in performance as well. Its auto-power function starts the recording process immediately you start the car, but if you don’t want the feature, you can simply turn it off. It supports seamless recording and thus overwrites old footage with new footage when the SD card gets full. That means you will always get the latest recording.
Wide recording angle
With regards to the field of view, the camera has an aperture of F/1.8. It can capture footage over a 170-degree field of view. That is an impressively wide angle for a dash cam.The total capacity supported is 64 GB. That is sufficient to record 2.5K videos for up to 7 hours, 1080p at 60fps for 10 hours, and 1080p at 30fps for 13 hours.
High quality video
The excellent performance also means good quality footage. The dash cam uses an Ambarella A12 CPU. That makes it powerful enough to shoot up to 2.5K resolution (2550x1440p at 30fps). Its high dynamic range (HDR) not only ensures that the videos are crystal clear but also adjusts exposure automatically. That accounts for the camera’s ability to record high-quality footage during the day and at night. It also records high-quality audio using its built-in microphone and can take 16MP snapshots.
Easy to install
The Vantrue X2 Super HD is easy to set up and mount. Just plug the suction cup mount onto the unit and position the camera wherever you want it on the windscreen. One of its most amazing features is its ability to trigger auto-record as soon as motion is detected, even when your car is in parking mode.
- GPS enabled
- 18 months warranty
- Built-in charging system increases battery life
- Has events file and vault for saving accident files in a lockable folder
- Records very high-quality footage
- Easy to setup and use
- Automatically starts recording when turning on car
- Has one of the largest SD card size support
- Can take pictures while recording
- Might not record fast moving objects clearly, especially in a low-resolution setting
- GPS module not included (runs around $37)
It would be accurate to describe the Vantrue X2 Super HD as a unit that combines both class and quality. So if you want something that will look good in your car and still perform outstandingly well, then this is the one.
Night Time Video