Falcon Zero F360 Reviewed
- Front and rear taxi cam lenses
- Integrated 3.5″ screen
- Resolution of 720P when both cameras are working and 1080P when one is working
- 180 degrees rotating and 120-degree viewing angle
- High-resolution wide-angle lens
- 3.5 inch LCD screen
- Supports microSD cards of up to 32 GB (up to 8 hours of footage)
- AVI video format and JPG photo format. As well as TV and HDMI output
- Loop recording
- Auto on/off feature
- Built-in microphone
- Night vision
- 1 Year Manufacture warranty included
- SD card included
The Falcon Zero F360 is a one-of-a-kind offering from Falcon Zero. This two-lens mountable dash cam has all the qualities of a good taxi cam; including simultaneous front and rear recording capability. Each lens can be rotated 180 degrees and therefore, the unit can record the exterior and interior of your car simultaneously. Both cameras are built into your car’s mirror attachment. They are powered by one USB cable, and therefore you won’t have many wires and parts hanging around. To hide or remove the unit, simply unplug the power and then slide the whole thing off.
Wide angle views
With regards to performance, the Falcon Zero F360 works like most other dash cams. It has an auto on/off function that switches the unit on when you start the engine and off when you stop it. That is a good thing because you will not be forced to switch it on every time you want it to record or off when you want to it to stop. Each camera has a field of view of 120 degrees thus giving the unit an impressive aggregate field of view of 240 degrees. You can change the direction of the cameras so that they record the particular incidents that you want (such as sides, front, or back). It supports loop recording and thus ensures you always have the latest footage. In addition, it adds a date and time stamp on the footage for reference purposes.
Taxi cam recording
As far as quality goes, you can achieve a resolution of 1080P when using only one camera. However, when both are running simultaneously, you can only get 720P. With the current standards, that might not be the best video quality, but it is the most common for dash cams. Both cameras of the Falcon Zero F360 are fitted with infrared LEDs that illuminate the field of view. That feature is particularly important for the interior-facing camera and during the night because they enhance the quality of the footage when lighting is poor. However, on a sunny day, you might find that the footage is a bit washed out. The unit combines footages from both cameras into one clip. That can be an advantage or a demerit depending on what you want to achieve.
When you make your order, the Falcon Zero F360 will come as a full package that includes a dual camera unit, 32 GB microSD card with an adapter, two USB cables (one long and one short), hooks for managing cables, and a user manual. The whole unit clips into your existing mirror and is compatible with pretty much every model. That accounts for its easy setup procedure and ease of use.
- Two cameras increase field of view significantly
- Memory card has a high capacity
- Very easy to setup, attach, and remove
- Fitted with internal battery for backup
- Included with an 8 ft cable – so no dangling cable in the middle of your window
- Automatically turns on and off when starting or stopping engine
- Has a internal backup battery in case the charger is removed
- Footage is washed out when there is a lot of sunlight
- Not fitted with GPS or G-sensor systems
Despite the few demerits, the Falcon Zero F360 is a masterpiece in its class. If you buy it, you will enjoy amazing features that only a few other cameras can offer.