|Angle of View||140°|
|Max Card Size||128gb|
|Min Operating Temperature||-13°F|
|Max Operating Temperature||185°F|
|Max Photo Resolution||2560x1440MP|
Built with an Omnivision OV4689 4MP CMOS sensor and 256MB RAM, the DDPai Mini2 is a wireless dash cam with lots of convenient features. For starters, it uses Wi-Fi which you can link with your smartphone and use the DDPai App to control the dash cam.
That means you won’t have to deal with camera cables inside the car. You can keep your phone and the dash cam powered thanks to the dual USB 2.1A car charger that has two charging ports – one of the dash cam and the other for your smartphone.
With an F1.8 aperture, this dash cam allows up to 20% more light than ordinary models that have an F2.0 aperture. The more the light the better the quality of images. Another standout difference between the DDPai Mini2 and an ordinary dash cam is that this unit uses a supercapacitor instead of a battery. Compared to supercapacitors, batteries are slower in charging and discharging energy.
Those unique features make this wireless dash cam a handy addition to any vehicle. But they are not the only ones:
Ddpai Mini 2 Main Features
Great video quality
The DDPai Mini2 uses H.264 video encoding to record ultra HD videos of 1440P at 25 frames per second (fps). More impressively, the dash cam has built-in post processing functions that include denoising, geometric correction, stabilization and demisting of images.
Sufficient field of view
With its 6-glass lens, this wireless dash cam covers a whopping 140-degree viewing angle. Besides the road ahead, you can get a clear view of the left and right sides of the road. Plus the lens is 330-degree rotatable, meaning you can direct it to any direction you want.
Superb night vision
The dash cam’s lens is fitted with an infrared filter. That, together with the wide dynamic range (WDR) technology used, accounts for its ability to produce clear images in low lighting conditions. You can use the DDPai Mini2 while driving at night.
The 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi serves three primary purposes.
- First it links the DDPai dashcam with your smartphone. If you don’t fancy using a Wi-Fi connection you can use Bluetooth to connect the two devices. Either way, once they are able to communicate you will be able to control the dash cam using your smartphone.
- Secondly, the Wi-Fi allows you to share footages and images of your drives directly to social media networks. Whether it’s a trip to a new location or your daily drive to work, giving your friends a peek of the action straight from your car is never a bad idea.
- Finally, the dash cam uses Wi-Fi to update its firmware. That is necessary for fixing bugs and introducing new features that may help your experience.
At 12.8 ounces, the DDPai Mini2 measures just 3.4 x 1.2 x 1.7 inches. The small size not only makes it discreet but also ensures that it doesn’t obstruct you from viewing the road.
G-sensor and parking monitor
The built-in G-sensor accounts for the dash cam’s ability to detect collisions and automatically save and lock the footage for your reference. You can adjust sensitivity so that it doesn’t lock footage of events that are not accidents.
On its part, the parking monitor triggers the dash cam to start recording when the vehicle is in parking mode with the ignition off. This feature is motion sensitive and will come into action upon detecting movement in and around the front of your vehicle. It relies on the camera’s supercapacitor for power, but you will need a hardwiring kit to enable it.
Like most other top-drawer dash cams, the DDPai Mini 2 records videos in loops. When the memory card fills up the dash cam will automatically overwrite the oldest footage with the newest (save for locked files). It uses class 10 TF cards (not included) and supports up to 128GB of storage.
If you purchase a 64 or 128 GB card be sure to format it using the DDPai App, otherwise it may fail to read in the dash cam.
- Comes with a one year warranty.
- Very reliable customer support. Most issues are attended to within 24hours max.
- Can record up to 15 hours of footage with a 64GB TF card and 720P video quality. 1080P and 1440P will last 12 and 11 hours respectively.
- Easy to mount on the windshield. The package includes all mounting gear and a user manual.
- Small size ensures discretion.
You don’t get a TF card in the box, you’ll have to buy it separately. Also, the dash cam doesn’t mount on the dash, it is strictly a windshield camera.
Despite those two drawbacks, the DDPai Mini2 is an awesome wireless dash cam. It is simple to use, doesn’t have connection cables that can interfere with your driving and works with any smartphone or tablet that has Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Such conveniences make it one of the best units in the market today.
No reviews yet